We’re excited to announce the following recently-added features in the PALS Online System:
- The Division Home Page has been slightly reorganized to make things easier to find and navigate.
- Preset the assessment form for your entire district! District representatives can now ensure that every teacher enters scores using the correct form by setting the required form on the “Manage Division” page. See instructions here.
- New Report! The Student Summary of Comments & Observations report shows any comments entered by any teacher for any task during fall, mid-year, and spring for each student.
- Need to change the Student Information Number for a student who has the wrong number? District representatives can now edit this manually on the Manage Students page. See instructions here.
- YOU’RE GONNA LOVE THIS ONE, READING SPECIALISTS AND COACHES!: Any PALS Plus task already administered, even if it was an optional task, appears in the “Diagnostic Tasks” section of the Task List after scores were entered to make it clear what tasks have been given.
- We heard your suggestions, and printing your Class Summary report now results in an easier-to-read version.
- The prompt for administering the eWRI version of the Word Recognition in Isolation task now shows after you click “Continue.”
- Quick Scoring and Regular Scoring options can now be used on different tasks for the same student without any issues. Example: A kindergarten teacher may enter just the total score for Group Rhyme Awareness using Quick Scoring, but item level data for Lowercase Alphabet Recognition and Letter Sounds tasks, to be able to speed up score entry while still getting item level alphabet knowledge reports.
- Virginia customers who need to upload historical data for their students in grades 4-8 can submit files downloaded from the UVA PALS Online System for PreK-3, to be added to student records that you’ve added to our online system for assessment in grades 4-8. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Parent Activities to support literacy development at home were added in the spring to the Instructional Resources page.
What’s not changing?
- Our pricing remains the same for 2018-19!
- Quick Scoring (formerly Traditional Score Entry) is still available and ready for use by teachers who do not need item-level reports.