Make the connections between PALS data and effective literacy intervention and classroom instruction.
PALS supports teachers, literacy staff and administrators throughout the school year with access to professional development that is time-sensitive and valuable! Our library of topics goes beyond the PALS assessment, with literacy-related topics of interest and value to any grade level.
All teachers and administrators who use PALS have access to basic administration tutorials through your PALS Online System accounts.
PALS Premier Package
All new customers for 2022-23, as well as returning Premier customers, have access to the following:
PALS Monthly Topical Webinars
- On the third Tuesday of each month, join us for a one-hour webinar on a PALS- or literacy-related topic.
- Topics vary according to the time of year and requests from our users. Topics for 2022-23 have not yet been determined. See the webinar schedule for 2022-23 here.
PALS Professional Development Website
- All faculty in your district may have access to view all of our online courses at palspd.ioeducation.com.
- If you already have an account, simply use your PALS Online credentials to sign in.
- If you need to create an account, your PALS district representative will supply you with a registration code to complete the account creation.* Click here to learn how to create an account for our PD site.
*PALS district representatives receive your district’s PD site registration code in an email during the week after July 15. If you are a representative who has misplaced your district’s code or did not receive a code, please contact our office at email@example.com.
Additional PALS Training Options
PALS at Illuminate Education no longer offers additional webinars or on-site trainings for purchase. We understand the importance of effective assessment implementation, including adequate training for teachers to ensure that assessments are being administered appropriately and accurately, and that school faculty are aware of available online reports and resources. For this reason, Premier PALS customers now have free access to pre-scheduled PALS Administration trainings in the fall for each of the English PALS assessments, including time for Q&A at the end of each session.
The dates and times for these trainings are posted below. Premier customers also continue to have access to the PALS Monthly Webinar series and to the PALS Professional Development website courses.
PALS-PreK Administration 2022 Training Webinars:
- Friday, August 19, 9am-noon ET
- Thursday, Sept. 15, 3-6pm ET
PALS-K Administration 2022 Training Webinars:
- Wednesday, Aug. 17, 9am-noon ET
- Tuesday, Sept. 13, 3-6pm ET
PALS Plus Administration 2022 Training Webinars:
- Thursday, August 18, 9am-noon ET
- Wednesday, Sept. 14, 3-6pm ET
A link to register for these trainings will be sent to Premier districts along with the monthly webinar invitation links during August and September.
Note that all teachers and administrators, including those who are not in Premier districts, have access to PALS Administration tutorials via their PALS Online accounts at all times.