Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world. ~ Malala Yousafzai
- We are very excited to share that there is a new student report called the Student Portfolio!
- Division level users: From the Division Home Page, click on Manage Division and look for the new Manage School Roles tile! Within the Manage Division screen, you can also now click on Settings and see the option to allow or prevent the changing of student id numbers by division and school level users.
- Virginia division level PALS users: From the Division Home Page, click on Manage Division and look for the VA Public – Upload Historical Data tile!
- November 2 Last day of PALS recommended Fall assessment time frame
- November 20, 4:30 – 5:30 pm ET For Premier Customers: PALS Monthly Webinar, “Monitoring Student Progress” (Look for invitation one week before.)
- December 14 PALS Online System score entry closes for fall
Reminders and Tips
- Still need to add students and teachers into your PALS Online account? We’re happy to support you with this process. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember that PALS Quick Checks are available to monitor your students’ progress in specific skills.
- If you received the PALS Plus Teacher Set with copyright noted as 2014-17, please note that it included a printing error in the Form B Oral Reading in Context task Comprehension Answer Key. A replacement page for your Teacher Set can be found here and can also be found in the PALS Plus section of the Materials tab in your PALS Online account.
PALS Star Customer!
Nicole Blondo is an Instructional Coach at Stukey Elementary with Adams 12 Five Star Schools in Colorado. She recently attended a Colorado regional training on using PALS Plus data to inform instruction. Nicole said, “I had a few huge takeaways from this class that will forever change how I use PALS.” In particular, she is looking forward to using the “My Groups” tile (available from the PALS Plus Teacher Home Page) to form small groups. She discovered additional reports to support her data analysis, and she is also excited to make use of the Electronic Lesson Plans as a way to ensure she is providing balanced literacy. Keep up the great work, Nicole!