All assessments can tell you where your students are. But can they tell you what to teach next?
Backed by 20+ Years of Research
Developed by University of Virginia, PALS provides the most thorough, actionable and proven literacy assessments for students at all levels.
- The only literacy assessment that measures concept of word in text – a key, early predictive indicator of literacy development.
- Measure and monitor children’s knowledge of grade-level literacy fundamentals from Pre-K through 8.
- Inform teachers’ instruction by providing explicit information about their students’ knowledge of literacy fundamentals.
- Mid-year forms and PALS Quick Checks allow for ongoing student progress monitoring throughout the year.
- PALS español provides unique, native language tool for Spanish speaking students in grades PreK-3.
- Online system provides resources for planning instruction according to developmental literacy stages, in addition to online score entry and reporting.
Interested in a quote for your school or district? Download and fill out our PALS 2019-20 Quote Request Form and return it to us at email@example.com.