1. Establish the number of students you will assess next school year (i.e., the number of student licenses you need) using each assessment:
- PALS-PreK: Any children not yet in kindergarten who are able to demonstrate literacy knowledge/skills (usually ages 3-4, or 5 year olds not yet in kindergarten)
- PALS-K: Kindergarten students
- PALS español K: Kindergarten students whose native language is Spanish, who will receive instruction in both English and Spanish, or who are transitioning from Spanish to English instruction. PALS español PreK is currently in development at the University of Virginia.
- PALS Plus: Students in grades 1-8, regardless of instructional level (PALS is a formative, adaptive assessment)
- PALS español 1-3: Students in grades 1-3 whose native language is Spanish, who will receive instruction in both English and Spanish, or who are transitioning from Spanish to English instruction.
2. Choose between the Base Package or Premier Package for student licenses. Information about our pricing structure can be found here.
3. Download and complete the order form, and return it to our team at email@example.com.
- PALS 2018-19 Order Form
We’re so glad you’re continuing to use PALS! Your current user agreement ends after the score entry deadline for this year’s spring assessment. Renew your student licenses early in order to:
- ensure that you have uninterrupted access to the PALS Online System when it reopens for the the next school year in mid-July,
- establish plans for training and support of your faculty using PALS for the following school year, and
- promptly receive any replacement materials you’re requesting.
(If you need assistance in finding out how many students your school or district assessed this year, follow these instructions or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Note that PALS Marketplace became a division of IO Education LLC in 2015 (previously it was a division of Casenex, LLC). If your purchasing department needs to update vendor information, our support team is happy to provide any necessary documentation.
Ordering for the first time, or adding new grades?
- Need a price quote before you order? Fill out our Quote Request Form and email to email@example.com to get a quote for 2018-19.
- New customers will need to include a current tax exemption form with their order
- Feel free to request an appointment to chat by phone with one of our literacy specialists if you have questions about any of the PALS assessments, the implementation process, and or what kind of data, professional development, and resources are available using PALS.
Questions about materials?
The purchase of PALS student licenses includes everything you need to assess those students, including PALS Teacher Sets (reusable assessment materials) and PALS Consumable Sets (paper score sheets for each student) for only the cost of shipping them to you.
Your order form has a place for you to enter information about the materials you’re requesting:
PALS Teacher Sets: These are the reusable binders of assessment materials that each teacher needs in order to administer the fall/spring assessment.* We recommend purchasing one for every teacher who will be giving the assessment.
- New customers are eligible for approximately one Teacher Set per every 20 student licenses.
- Returning customers are eligible to replace up to 15% of lost or damaged Teacher Sets. This percentage is based on the number of student licenses you’re purchasing for the upcoming year, plus additional sets for new classrooms/licenses being added to last year’s purchase.
- You may purchase additional Teacher Sets if needed. See order form for pricing.
PALS Consumable Sets: These are packages of paper score sheets for teachers who want to write down scores before or instead of entering them into the PALS Online System. The PALS-K and PALS español K Consumable Sets also include Student Booklets for each student, which are required for assessment. Consumable Sets for all other PALS assessments are optional.
*PALS fall/spring assessments offer two equivalent forms, Form A and Form B, which are both included in the Teacher Set binder. Most schools alternate using Form A one school year, and Form B the next. The third form, Form C, is the mid-year assessment, which can be downloaded from your PALS Online account.
What about training?
- All teachers and administrators who use PALS have access to basic administration tutorials through their PALS Online accounts.
- Premier customers also have access to our PALS Professional Development website and monthly webinars on topics related to PALS and literacy development/instruction.
- To learn about options for on-site training and webinars that are tailored to the specific needs of your school or district, please contact Nancy Walsh-Boeder at firstname.lastname@example.org.