1. Establish the number of students you will assess next school year (i.e., the number of student licenses you need) using each assessment:
- PALS-PreK: Any children not yet in kindergarten who are able to demonstrate literacy knowledge/skills (usually ages 3-4, or 5 year olds not yet in kindergarten)
- PALS-K: Kindergarten students
- PALS español K: Kindergarten students whose native language is Spanish, who will receive instruction in both English and Spanish, or who are transitioning from Spanish to English instruction. PALS español PreK is currently in development at the University of Virginia.
- PALS Plus: Students in grades 1-8, regardless of instructional level (PALS is a formative, adaptive assessment)
- PALS español 1-3: Students in grades 1-3 whose native language is Spanish, who will receive instruction in both English and Spanish, or who are transitioning from Spanish to English instruction.
2. Choose between the Base Package or Premier Package for student licenses.
- Information about our pricing structure can be found here.
- Returning customers, please contact us about your purchasing options for next year.
3. Download and complete the PALS 2019-20 Quote Request form, and return it to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will provide a quote to you that you can then return with your purchase order.
- Wisconsin CESA, West Virginia , and South Carolina districts: Information coming soon about your 2019-20 order process.
4. Once you receive a complete and accurate quote package from our team, complete the forms and return it with your payment included.
- Please include the Quote Number on your purchase order if this is your preferred payment method.
- If you prefer to pay by credit card, our team will contact you to collect payment information, or you can use our credit card form and send it in a separate email to email@example.com.
- If you are a new customer or need to update your records with us, please include an up-to-date tax exemption form.
We’re so glad you’re continuing to use PALS! Your current user agreement ends after the score entry deadline for this year’s spring assessment. Renew your student licenses early in order to:
- ensure that you have uninterrupted access to the PALS Online System when it reopens for the the next school year in mid-July,
- establish plans for training and support of your faculty using PALS for the following school year, and
- promptly receive any replacement materials you’re requesting.
Returning customers have options regarding our new 2019-20 pricing. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
(If you need assistance in finding out how many students your school or district assessed this year, follow these instructions or contact us at email@example.com.)
Note that PALS Marketplace became a division of IO Education LLC in 2015 (previously it was a division of Casenex, LLC), and that IO Education LLC recently merged under the name Illuminate Education, LLC in July 2018. If your purchasing department needs to update vendor information, our support team is happy to provide any necessary documentation.
Ordering for the first time, or adding new grades?
- Need a price quote before you order? Download and fill out our Quote Request Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get a quote for 2019-20.
- New customers will need to include a current tax exemption form with their order.
- Feel free to request an appointment to chat by phone with one of our literacy specialists if you have questions about any of the PALS assessments, the implementation process, and or what kind of data, professional development, and resources are available using PALS.
Questions about materials?
The purchase of PALS student licenses includes everything you need to assess those students, including PALS Teacher Sets (reusable assessment materials) and PALS Consumable Sets (paper answer sheets for the assessments that require them).
CHANGES FOR 2019-20:
- We’re covering your shipping costs! If you are paying 2019-20 pricing, you will receive everything you need to assess your students at no additional shipping cost!
- Premier customers are now entitled to request a higher number of Teacher Sets (up to 1 per 10 student licenses), to provide the option for reading specialists, ELL teachers, special education coordinators, etc. to have their own assessment materials. Additional materials are no longer sold as a separate purchase.
- Consumable sets shipped to you will include only those consumables required for assessment. Class Summary Sheets and Student Summary Sheets will no longer be included, but may still be printed from your PALS Online account if desired.
- Returning customers paying current pricing are eligible to replace up to 15% of lost or damaged Teacher Sets, or 100% of materials older than four years with 2019-20 pricing. This percentage is based on the number of student licenses purchased for the upcoming year, plus additional sets for new classrooms/licenses being added to last year’s purchase.
PALS Teacher Sets: These are the reusable binders of assessment materials that each teacher needs in order to administer the fall/spring assessment.* We recommend requesting one for every teacher who will be giving the assessment, for up to the number for which your purchase is eligible.
- New Base customers are eligible for approximately one Teacher Set per every 20 student licenses. New Premier customers are eligible for approximately one Teacher Set per every 10 student licenses.
PALS Consumable Sets: These include the following required for each assessment, including one per student for both fall and spring:
- PALS-PreK: Name Writing Sheet
- PALS-K and PALS español K: Student Booklet, K Spelling Sheet
- PALS Plus and PALS español 1-3: Spelling Sheet
*PALS fall/spring assessments offer two equivalent forms, Form A and Form B, which are both included in the Teacher Set binder. Most schools alternate using Form A one school year, and Form B the next. The third form, Form C, is the mid-year assessment, which can be downloaded from your PALS Online account.
What about training?
- All teachers and administrators who use PALS have access to basic administration tutorials through their PALS Online accounts.
- Premier customers also have access to our PALS Professional Development website and monthly webinars on topics related to PALS and literacy development/instruction.
- To learn about options for on-site training and webinars that are tailored to the specific needs of your school or district, please contact Nancy Walsh-Boeder at email@example.com.